[NTLK] Re: ...ouch, it's that simple...

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 14:07:52 PDT

on 6/13/01 3:44 PM, countless monkeys randomly typing on behalf of Bob R.
Kenyon at rrk_at_bobrk.com miraculously produced:

> At 15:24 -0400 2001/6/13, Victor Rehorst wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Robert Benschop wrote:
>>>
>>> But isn't that a good thing in the end, makes sure that somebody isn't
>>> subscibing (or unsubscribing) somebody else as a prank ?
>>
>> Yes. Exactly. IIRC this was a problem with PlanetNewton's list.
>
> And it's not like it's particularly hard to respond!

Ah, but the original poster was unsub-ing on Friday afternoons when leaving
work and then resub-ing Monday morning on returning to work. If one does
that as they walk out the door, then they're not at work any longer to
respond to the e-mail that comes back. I assume that's because he/she can't
simply check the home e-mail account from the office for some reason.

- Eric.