[NTLK] Why the Newton failed (was: Re: Re: Dead dongle vs. USB)

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 19:57:34 PDT

The reason the Newton was not a success was because Apple didn't market it,
except for when the original first came out.

Even at the height of the Newton's day, when the 2100 came out, people who
saw me with it asked if it was some kind of Palm.

It could have had a telepathic interface, and without marketing, it still
would have failed.

Loren