[NTLK] Re: thinking of getting my shitzzat cranked!

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 23:19:01 PDT

on 13-06-2001 9:15, esworp at esworp_at_mac.com wrote:

> so, i'm keen on getting my mp2000 upgraded. I'm also thinking of
> sending it to Apple to get the cracked case/ scratched screen/ broken
> clippy-thingies/missing screws/bad karma fixed.

Now I would certainly do that in the reverse order, would be very much like
Apple to remove your implant and give you a 'repaired' Newt.

> Do both PIXsolution and Dr. Newton do the upgrades, right?

Yes, but AFAIK Dr Newton doesn't sell the overclock chip though.

> I see that there may be a chance
> that PIXsolution can send me the upgarde for me to install myself....

PixSolution/Oliver Harms will send the chip to you, quite a few people on
the list have done it themselves or had it done by Dr. Newton.

> is
> there any online walkthroughs i can look at to see what I'd be up
> against?

Not AFAIK, but I would love to be wrong about this ;-)

Robert Benschop