[NTLK] Flash card problem

From: Glenn Roe (myhome_at_cwnet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 23:54:34 PDT

It's great to have the list back, although I'm amazed at all the
traffic. Anyway I had a problem the other day that I wanted to see if
anyone else has had. The memory card in my upgraded eMate (32mb flash)
was suddenly not recognized. It acted like it wasn't there. Since I
store everything on the card that doesn't have to be stored internally,
my eMate was useless. I drove home dreading having to deal with
recreating what I had added since my last backup, luckily only a week
before. We use MPs and eMates in my business as portable offices, with
almost everything business wise on the machines. I have a spare MP2100
at home, so when I got there I removed the card and inserted it into the
MP. It was immediately recognized and booted up fine on the MP. I went
ahead and updated the backup for the card from the MP, and then removed
the card and put it back in my eMate. It booted back up fine and has
worked ever since. At the time of the original mishap the eMate was
almost fully charged and had not been acting up at all. I was trying to
print a TimeOfTheMonth calendar on my HP340 IrDA printer when it failed.
Is this a sign that the card is failing? Or have others had similar
glitches that corrected themselves? TIA for any feedback.

Glenn Roe
Caregiver to 5 MPs and 4 eMates ....