[NTLK] Re: Messagepad 2100 backlight BUZZING

From: Chris Kenny (seeshell_at_sprintmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 10:29:28 PDT

At 08:52 +0200 2001-06-15, Robert Benschop wrote:
>Apart from the fact that Paul mentioned that a 2x00 hums anyway,
>(like I bought a cube and now I sit here listening to the wine of the hard
>disk, life isn't easy for people with sensitive ears ;-)

Just thought I'd mention the following, to those interested in
silencing their computers:

__ a "Silent-PC" listserve (international, in English, quite active,
with an easy to use archive):

and,

__ a large webpage, that Tomas Risberg in Sweden has put together, to
compile relevant information (including a host of hyperlinks) on this
subject (this page takes a while to load -- in my opinion, it is an
unbelievably complete resource, well organized, and reasonably up to
date.)
http://home.swipnet.se/tr/silence.html

I don't know about others, but when I bought my Newton, ONE of the
prime reasons was because of its silence.

Chris Kenny