Re: [NTLK] Newted Community Going Away [Was: MP2k battery pack]

From: John M. Powell (quixjuan_at_QuixNet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 10:15:50 PDT

> In a previous message, Brian McEwen typed vigorously:
>
> >Are those pages housed/backed up elsewhere? newted.dyndns
> >is likely to go away any minute, IIRC.
>
> Back on the NT2 list, John Powell <jp_at_iwillbefree.com> was going to get
> in touch with Stacey Tenen <sysop_at_newted.dyndns.org> regarding finding a
> way to archive and transfer all of the ftp and editorial content to
> another server prior to the shutdown.
>
> John? Are you here? Did you discover anything?
> g.
> Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys
> Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/
> Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
> Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/

Grant,

Yes. I did. He was talking about offering a special deal on
the server package if someone from the Newton community wanted
to keep it up. I actually was thinking about it myself -
it's a great package - a Qube2 - loaded. However, the
Q's don't do virtual domain name hosting so I wouldn't
have been able to use it for my web design/hosting anyway.

If anyone is seriously interested in taking it over for
the community, and would like a killer server at a killer
price, get in touch with him. I'd asked him to give me
the details so I could post, but I haven't heard back
from him since I dropped the bad news...

John Powell
jp_at_iwillbefree.com