Re: [NTLK] Door Clips

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 08:13:21 PDT

On Wednesday, June 20, 2001, at 06:05 AM, matthew_at_crescent.org.uk wrote:

> At least I think that's what they're called! One of the little clips
> that
> holds the door round the back of my 2100 has come off! I have the clip
> but
> can't fix it back. Can anyone help me with a diagram, instructions?

Those clips are considered part of the bottom case, so they're not
available separately (as strange as it may sounds). If the clip that
came out is broken, you won't be able to put it back there. If not, you
should be able to carefully clip it back, but I'm pretty sure one of the
tab is broken and that's why it came off.

You can do what I did and simply glue the tab back to the case. If you
still have the other tab working, that should be fine. If the other one
also ever comes off, then you'll have a problem. If you also glue it,
the tabs won't retract anymore when folding the lid underneath the
Newton, and the door will slowly deteriorate where the clips grip it.

-Laurent.