Re: [NTLK] Issue with NCU

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 08:44:10 PDT

On Wednesday, June 20, 2001, at 11:36 AM, Michael C. Wittmann wrote:

> Thanks for the message about NTLK. Gary Moody also sent me a message,
> and
> I've now subscribed again. Whew, it's been 6 months, felt like
> withdrawal...
>
> I still haven't gotten my Newton talking to my desktop, though I'm not
> working TOO hard on it. In response to a few questions you asked...
>
> I don't know if I'm using a hub or a router. Router, I believe, is the
> one
> that comes out of the wall (as opposed to a hub that both machines would
> have been plugged into).
>
> I do have both machines set to AT over ET (if that makes sense). It's
> actually the same setup as the laptop setup that I had working, which
> is why
> I was confused. I'll keep plugging away and see what happens.

Michael,

A router is essentially a hub, but with more advanced features. So,
apparently, you don't have any hub or router, since you're talking about
"comes out the wall". What is actually coming out this wall? A jack with
a cable plugged in it? 2 jacks? Where is the Newton ethernet cable
connected? And the Mac?

-Laurent.