Re: [NTLK] package freezing

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 10:33:28 PDT

You don't need any software to "freeze" a package on
the Newt. Freezing is built in! All you need to do is
turn on freezing. I did this with something that Hardy
Macia (Catamount software) built years ago...I can't
remember what it was called. But once you activate
your Newt's freezing capability, you can delete the
activation package because your Newt will forever be
able to freeze on it's own!
Now... If you're looking for an application that
automatically unfreezes and freezes packages as you
use them, well...I don't know anything about that but
I'm sure that someone here can help you.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Johan Stiernspetz <stiernspetz_at_swipnet.se> wrote:
> On 1-06-20 15.33, "Smith, Tod A"
> <Tod.A.Smith_at_rolls-royce.com> wrote:
>
> > What programs are available to "freeze" a package?
> Are there any
> > free/shareware versions available?
>
> The only one I have been using on my MP130 is
> FreezeMan from Stand Alone
> Inc:
> www.standalone.com
>
> It was a commercial demo and expires after 30 days
> in the Newt.
> Also try some of the software sites, maybe
> www.tuscows.com and go for PDAs
> and Newton. They have descriptions of the packages,
> and the more cows, the
> better..!
>
> /Joz

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...