Re: [NTLK] 3Com589D- power consumption

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 15:04:06 PDT

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Darl Singh wrote:
> Odd - while I'm using the same card (Thanks again Mark!) I'm seeing 20-30%
> drop over the same period: to the extent that I tnd to connect, do what I
> have to then drop it else Pinky fails due to low power.
> Confirmed using 2 (original) Apple packs and some 1.4AH NiMH's.
>
> What batt- power packs were u using?

Duracell AA's. :( I need to rejuve the rechargeable pack that came with
the 2100, it's pretty much toast. The blue-ringed "high capacity" AAs,
but not Lithium.

And actually right after I hit send, I wanted to correct the values I
mentioned; I went back to the imaging CPU (I've been on the fluorescent
scope and printing on the dye-sub printer al afternoon, hence the time to
fiddle with the Newt while waiting); the 2100 had just spent 30 more min
online and only dropped from 43% to 42% :) I've not changed batteries
since 6th June and have spent a lot of time on ethernet.