[NTLK] Marco Mailand's woderfull mods!

From: John Skinner (ndutyme_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 23:02:17 PDT

I just went to Marco Mailands web site and noticed his wonderful
modifications for Newtons!

Like,...
The Dongle Killer
The Battery compartment Mod

http://newted.dyndns.org/users/mmailand/www/Newton.html

Marco, you have done good work my friend!

P.S. This brings up and interesting theory...
Could one build a single connector with all of the inputs and outputs of
the newton and attach it to the internal connector on the Newtons
mainboard. It's the one beside the chip Marcos soldered his wires onto
and the one mentioned on YOS' page
http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~yos/newton/newtonhacks.html as the
"misterious connector". I guess it's also the same one that the SER-001
fits into.

From what I can find on this connector so far, it appears that all the
connections for all the serial, audio etc. are available here.

If I can find a connector that is small enough to fit in the space where
the SER-001's mini 8 DIN goes, AND has enough connections to give every
input and output a connection,... then that would be a dream! A chance
to make a docking station for my 2100, without an interconnect part!

I will research.....

Anyone else have an opinion?

--
John Skinner