Re: [NTLK] Changing size of display area for books

From: Filmer, Paul E (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 15:03:06 PDT

Hi Alan -

This question (and this answer) apply to books made with Newton Press.

It depends on your platform, the orientation of your screen, and how the
book was originally put together.

You will ONLY be able to see an option for a second layout...

IF a) you have an eMate, or an MP2x00,
and IF b) you are in landscape mode,
and IF c) the book was originally laid out in MP2000 2-Up format, Universal,
or eMate 2-Up.

Other than that, you are restricted to a single layout.

More details at http://128.150.4.33/html/-88186101$125.nsd on what Newton
Press layouts are compatible with what machines.

There are other book viewers that generate text that fills the screen, but
note that the books you are referring to come with their viewer built in,
and there is no way (that I am aware of) to view one book with different
viewers.

Paul F.