[NTLK] OFF TOPIC (Basilisk)

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_xpress.net.nz)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 18:05:04 PDT

Hi all;
Just a quick one: I wouldn't be writing except a 3 of us have tried this and
still can't get it to work :-(

All running the Win 98 (or SE), trying BasiliskII, on a variety of systems
(all PII or greater, 400MHz+, 256MB RAM or greater).

Can get most of the way thru the installation, but can't get system 7.5.3
files to combine into one file: can get the License page from the Mac Boot
Disk but then get (on clicking "I Agree"), get:

Sorry, a system error occurred.
"System 7.5.3 01of19".smi
bad F-line instruction

upon which a reboot is the only option.
Any suggestions? I must be doing something wrong - just can't work out
_what_ :-(

-Have tried dnloading from the Apple website (link ex yr page) using
Getright rather than IE5.5 - no difference.

Have been following the instructions on
http://www.kearney.net/~mhoffman/basiliskII/system753_tutorial/index.html

Any and all thoughts appreciated: can't find a solution to this anywhere...

Thanks and Best Regards

-Darl Singh