[NTLK] [ANN] The Newton Glossary 1.0.0

From: Grant [Schweet Schpot] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 20:01:43 PDT

I am just tickled to announce the latest release of the almost definitive
online guide to Newton-related terms and definitions. Yes, I'm talking
about:

The Newton Glossary (1.0.0)

The first release of the Newton Glossary was announced on the NewtonTalk2
list during the period when NewtonTalk1 was offline. In case you missed
the original release, here is a little bit of background information for
you to digest...

The Newton Glossary is a collaborative effort brought to you by yours
truly (the instigator), Victor Rehorst (the dynamicizer), and Paul Guyot
(the clarifier). I would like to thank Paul for picking apart and
correcting a large pile of "loosely" defined terms that I had originally
attempted to make sense of, as well as for squeezing a mention of the
glossary into the June update of the FAQ. Another round of applause goes
to Victor Rehorst for slapping together a spiffy little searchable
version of the glossary on the UNNA site. Additional input for this
release came from Ben Truesdale and Carsten Lemmen. Thanks guys.

Now for the good stuff.

The single-page glossary:

     http://www.splorp.com/newton/glossary/

The searchable glossary:

     http://guelph.unna.org/glossary/

The version change log:

     http://www.splorp.com/newton/glossary/changes/

If you have a suggestion, correction, permutation, or determination to
share... please feel free to send a message to this address:

     glossary_at_splorp.com

You are guaranteed a prompt and courteous reply. Enjoy.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/