[NTLK] AW: How about Apple Newton repairs in Germany? Re: [NT2] tempestuousjaggies!

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 05:12:59 PDT

Hi Felix,

there is the Apple European Central Product Repair Centre (ECPRC) located in GB:
the company itself is called ADT (Analogue & Digital Technology)
but you have to be prepared to pay a fortune:
first for the 3-way transport by parcel service (empty box to you, back to ADT and finally back to you)
second for a diagnostic (up to here this is already 80 GB pounds)
third for the repair itself, where the costs depend on the problem
Finally, in the worst case, you can end up with the new price for your Newt.
What they cannot do is to replace the display, because they already seem to be out of stock.
That's so far my recent experience.
Whish you will never need this.
I took the option to buy another used one.

Johannes