[NTLK] Newton 2000/2100 Backlight UPGRADE

From: Ferdi Ozguner (fozguner_at_ualberta.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 12:06:14 PDT

Here is the information im sure some of you have been wating for:

Price: The limited time Introductory price will be 129 USD plus
Shipping/Handling.

Availability: Currently we are stocked with every backlight that is listed
in this email.

Noise/Buzzing: A number of people have emailed asking wheather this upgrade
makes the same buzzing noise characteristic with the typical Newton
2000/2100. The good news is NO it does not! The buzzing/Noise is
approximately 60% quiter when compared with a non-upgraded Newton PDA.

Will i be selling kits?: The short of it is YES i will be selling kits.
The long of it is NO i will not be selling the kits initially. We have
decided to monitor the upgrades that we preform for a while to make sure
that our method is both sound and durable. The Newtons that we have upgrade
so far have been dropped several time and the besides some scuff marks on
the case work perfectly.

The price of the kits will be less then the price of a complete upgrade. If
your interested in a kit only please let me know.

Pricing for international orders: International orders will pay the same
price for the upgrade, the only difference will be the shipping costs.
Costs will increase for international shipping.

Warrenty: I can't offer you a warranty. If you still have a warranty with
Apple, our service would make that void. I have no connection with Apple.

Damage Policies: As with any upgrade of this type it is strongly recommended
that you preform a full backup of your data before sending your Newton to us
for upgrade. You should also preform a full reset of the newton brining it
back into FACTORY condition. We will not upgrade any newtons that have
problems with them already. If a problem is noticed the newton will be sent
back.

I know that ive said a mouthful but all the information in this email is
very important.

If you are still interested in the upgrade please email back with the
subject line:

"Preform Newton Backlight Upgrade"

More information will be sent to you at this point.

Best regards
Ferdi Ozguner