[NTLK] AW: IR and NOKIA

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 06:40:03 PDT

Hello Mr. Unknown,

was it really needed to append about 50 mails in quotas?

To your question:
IR connection between Newt and Nokia would be excellent, but will definitely not work since the Newt is not able to talk the right protocol (IRCom).
BUT the solution is connecting the Nokia via serial data cable and DSUB9 to MiniDIN Adaptor.
You can use a terminal program to access the Nokia phone.
There are several notes on the Nokia Club pages regarding SMS on the Nokia via serial connection.
If you like to have more comfort there are several (german) projects dealing with this subject:

Regards
Johannes