Re: [NTLK] AW: offtopic .sit/.zip files

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 22:25:26 PDT

All Windows from Win2000 on now have an unzip utility
built in. What's really cool is that Win2K sees a ZIP
archive as a seperate volume...Meaning you can drag
and drop directly onto a ZIP archive and the necessary
action will take place. (I think that Windows ME and
Windows 98se also have the unzip and ZIP built in...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Brian McEwen <bmcewen_at_cowboy.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Bill davis newton wrote:
> > > If you compress the files you should use ZIP
> format. This is normally
> > > readable for every WinDose.
> >
> > Not if they don't have an unzip program. ALL Macs
> ship with Stuffit
> > Expander. I don't think Windows machines are
> guaranteed to have an
> > Unzip progrm. They'll may still have to go get
> one. Most companies
> > will install it on their corporate machines...but
> home users or small
> > business users are a different story.
>
> Right. You have to install your own unzip util.
>
> Stuffit, last couple of revisions, will decompress
> .zip as well as .sit,
> .hqx, etc. Super compatible :)

> --

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...