Re: [NTLK] airports and Newts [Tangent: Amtrak]

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 02:00:20 EDT

Unless you happen to know that a certain freight train
traveling within 50 miles of Chicago is carrying 5 car
loads of liquid chlorine...A simple fertilizer bomb
would be enough incindiary to vaporize all that
chlorine and the resultant cloud would effectivly
destroy all life through out Chicago...
Kinda scarey when you try to think like a terrorist...
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- PaulMmn <PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
<snip>
> If you're out for mayhem for mayhem's sake, a train
> is not your best
> choice. Yes, you can blow up things along the way,
> but there's a
> limited choice of targets.
>
> --Paul E Musselman
> PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.nospam.com
>

> >I was "stuck" in Philly during the disaster and
> ended up having to take a 17
> >hour (no joke) trip to Chicago. I don't want to
> get into a long tread on
> >terrorism, but here's my take on this. First of
> all, when I boarded the
> >train at 6:30am the lady told us that the train was
> COMPLETELY FULL. When
> >we got on it was approx. half full...at best. I
> was waiting to get to
> >Pittsburgh for the rest of the train to fill
> up...it never did. Amtrak has
> >been steadily loosing money for the last couple of
> years...I can now see
> >why. As far as security is concerned...there was
> NONE whatsoever. I don't
> >want to give anyone ideas, but they allow you to
> walk on with 2 bags (good
> >sized ones, not those littluns like on planes) and
> you can check in 3
> >bags/boxes. Needless to say, after 9/11/01 I was
> quite concerned. So, if
> >you don't mind the time (got a couple books to
> read) and you aren't
> >concerned about security, then I'd say go for it.
> >
> >Tom
>
> --

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...