Re: [NTLK] Best way to prep card for e.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 08:01:01 EDT

IIRC, every 5 min. the 'real time' is backed up, so after a soft reset the
'last time frame' is referred to.

However if the capacitor is drained then the power to retain the 'last
time' is lost and you have to reset the time and date.

The utility I know of is called 'Keep Time' by standalone.com. It's a
freeware extension that adds a min. or two(?) during reboot in OS 2.0(not
meant for 2.1) due to such long reboot time. *Note*-it does work in OS
2.1(MP2K and eMate), but only useful if the reboot time takes too long...
i.e. activating over 100 apps. during reboot, :-o
------------------
>Fastest way I've seen (and used) on a MP2xK is to hit 'reset' then pop the
card as the newt reboots
>Main caveat is that your system time may slowly go wrong - altho there's a
>utility around somewhere that helps with that also.

!ooW %-)
"Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither."- Benjamin Franklin

Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!
 http://www.newtontalk.net