Re: [NTLK] IRDA compatibility with Newt and Dell Laptop

From: markmontoya_at_mindspring.com
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 11:27:52 EDT

I tried the same thing on my IBM Thinkpad running WIN2k Professional. It doesn't reboot, it blue screens with the IRDA.sys driver.

Are you running Service Pack 2?

The IRDA (w2K) is not compatiable with the Newt's IRDA. Although W2K supports the Sharp IRDA, I don't think it is the same. The Newt team never fully implemented IRDA. Correct? How about it list?

Mark
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

Has anyone got a solution for this...

I attempted to used the infra-red port on my laptop with my Newt's infra red
and my laptop, running Win2K, started to reboot.

Are the protocols for my Newt and Laptop compatible?
Is there something that needs to be altered on either machines.

Joseph