Re: [NTLK] "Dates" in Calendar is verrrry sloooow

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 12:36:31 EDT

on 10/1/01 12:27 PM, Chris Georges at chrisg_at_klabin.com wrote:

> For the past few weeks I have experienced a very annoying problem with my =
> MP2100. When I'm in the Calendar window, any time I perform any action =
> (writing, moving appointments, etc.) the Newton spends perhaps 10-15 =
> seconds "thinking" (i.e., the Newton logo appears at the top of the =
> screen) after the operation. During this time, of course, I can't do =
> anything else.
>
> I have no idea what brought on the problem. It is so bad that I have =
> sharply reduced my use of the Newton. I did a brain wipe, but to no avail. =
> I've run SBM Utilities a few times, rebooted, etc. - everything I can =
> think of, but nothing has helped so far.

Did you ever installed any 3rd party extension to Date? How much space
available on your internal store?

-Laurent.

Mongolian Hordes technique n.: [poss. from the Sixties counterculture
expression `Mongolian clusterfuck' for a public orgy] Development by gang
bang. Implies that large numbers of inexperienced programmers are being put
on a job better performed by a few skilled ones (but see bazaar). Also
called `Chinese Army technique'; see also Brooks's Law.