Re: [NTLK] various eMate hardware questions

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 08:28:03 EDT

> Or i can try to repair the holes with a special paint and a piece of
plastic
> glued to it. Then the cable loses its flexability, and I'm not sure if it
> will work.
You could also check out conductive epoxy glue. I've used such stuff to glue
a gold bonding foil onto an electrooptic integrated Mach-Zehnder
Interferometer (very fragile micro-optic device :-). I needed only
milligrams of the glue, which was packed in two separate bags with 1 gramm
per. A test joint of a millimeter spot size had about 0.1 Ohm resistance for
DC which should be just fine for your repair. Even some Ohms would probably
be acceptable. However, the glue became hard after curing and I don't know
of a flexible conductive epoxy glue. Maybe a conductive paint would be
easier for your application. I have an address of a french supplier...

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing