Re: [NTLK] September List Stats

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 11:22:03 EDT

on 10/3/01 6:10 PM, Andre Baron at abaron_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hmm I didn't make the stats, this is very unfortunate, I will have to make
> sure I post more! Why not contribute to the mayhem in my inbox. Wow, every
> 19.856 minutes, impressive.
>
> BTW anyone know how to set up server side IMAP email filters on a mac.com
> address? It's kinda silly having every machine I check mail on filter my
> messages, and I sometimes get duplicates when they get to it at exactly the
> same time.

I believe that filtering is provided by whatever email client you're using.
You can have options that the client won't download some messages, or delete
them from the server altogether. But I think it depends on the client. I
subscribed to the list from 2 different email addresses, one at home and the
other at work. I have rules in Entourage that will move any incoming
NewtonTalk message into a specific mailbox. With threading, it's not very
hard to manage. And remember, I receive those messages in 2 different
accounts!

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with
evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do
boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all
COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker
will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom
uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is
Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the
mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."