Re: [NTLK] airports and Newts [Tangent: Amtrak( and greyhound)]

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 10:35:17 EDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 10/5/01 2:10 AM, the entity known
as Jon Glass transmitted the following from jonglass_at_usa.net:

> on 10/4/01 5:20 PM, THX 1138 at onefishtwofish_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>> Ugh. Nothing left of the false sense of security here...
>
> Hm. I wonder if it's not rather a false-sense of insecurity? I mean, how
> much has really changed? Let's put it this way, if the WTC hadn't been
> bombed with our own planes, and hadn't come down, how would this hijacking
> in TN been taken? Would we have felt our sense of security threatened in
> such a way? I trow not.
>
> The problem is that we are still reeling from the WTC bombing, and
> everything is suspicious.
>
> BTW, I saw on CNN Intl, last night that now the explosion in France
> (Toulouse?) is now under investigation as a possible terrorist attack, and
> the plane crash in the Black Sea yesterday has people wondering the same
> thing...
>
> No, I dare say that it is a false sense of in-security, rather than the
> other way around. Not that I'm any less prone to it than anybody else. :-)

And this sense of insecurity is one of the things the terrorists were trying
to achieve. That's why all the talk about returning to normal is more than
just the usual standard statement after a disaster. Returning to normal is
a retaliation against the terrorists.

- Eric.