[NTLK] Installing packages on my newton

From: Bercovici Antoine (aberco_at_noos.fr)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 16:08:17 EDT

    Hi there!
I am wondering if somebody can help me:
At each time I try to install a package, my messagePad
said "the installation has failed:this package is not
compatible with your newton" and a big X appear
on the icon. I have tried with over 20 apps!
I think the problem is from my newton, as I have a clone
made by schlumberger. (it is actualy a messagepad 2000
housed in a case made by schlumberger and with some
special features, such as a built in smart card reader and
a connector for a docking station).
  The system version is: Version ROM 2.1 (F1-037)-1
and the application that I want to install works with
newtonOS 2.0/2.1.
   I may have a missing extension or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm getting bored of the
notepad!
Also if you are interested to have some further informations
about my clone, I'll be happy to help you.
    best regards,

Antoine.