[NTLK] "What Could Have Been" Anecdotes

From: Alexandre Enkerli (aenkerli_at_indiana.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 12:20:22 EDT

Well, some of the reactions I get to my MP130 has more to do with its size
than anything. Two of my great friends (who knew I had a Newt) were just
LOLing when I produced my green friend from my pants' pocket.

*BUT*
I did have a funny thing happen to me in the metro recently. Maybe I sent
it already but I can't find it in the archives...
So...I'm in the metro, taking notes on my Newt. This guy comes by me and
stands there for a little while. When I look at him, he shows me his
PalmOS device and tells me that this is what I really need. Keeping my
cool, I start telling him about the advantages of my Newt (HWR, screen
size, etc.) while his face starts to change. Then, halfway between two
stations, he gets to the door without saying a word, his face telling a
sad story of disapointment and envy. I'm not even sure this was his stop.

Alex, in Montreal