[NTLK] Re - PackType

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 05:51:25 EDT

> From: Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de (Frank Gruendel)
>

>> Before my move, when I at least knew where my brain was stashed, I
>> remember downloading something called PackType. Now I can't remember
>> exactly what it was for.
>
> This is a Mac program by the amazing Steve Weyer that fixes the
> problem of packages that aren't recognized as packgages on the Mac.
> You drop them on PackType, and voila, they are recognized.

well, I will accept the kudo of being 'amazing' -- generally. ;-)

no particular prowess or even programming with PackType -- it's just a
trivial little droplet created with FileTyper.

btw, stay tuned for a VNC Newton client. I hope to have a first version
available for release in another few days...

(for those who don't know what that is, VNC= "virtual network client" --
lets you view/control a remote system. http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ )

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com