Re: [NTLK] HTLK: the Woz loves the Newton!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 13:05:26 EDT

on 10/11/01 12:48 PM, john_fraser_at_mac.com at john_fraser_at_mac.com wrote:

> it's true these things are great but apple isn't only there to make great
> products. They are here to make money!!! We a=
> re obsessed with Newtons and some are with the cube. It sold poorly, maybe
> WOZ isn't around anymore because of his obses=
> sion and didn't think of it like a business anymore.
[snip!]

I hear this comment (make money) here and there, but, where do that stop? Is
there some kind of limit to that? Is this the ultimate goal in life, make
money?

Just some thoughts...

-Laurent.

code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable to
perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and
design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a
programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. A
self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, or
of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask me
why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."