Re: [NTLK] eMates for sale $99 update

From: Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 14:24:48 EDT

Sam,

I've transferred files to and from Word RTF files into NewtonWorks with no
problems using WinNCU.

Can you outline the steps you used?
You mentioned that you broke up the main file. How big are the files you
are transferring?
When you have no success, is there any progress on the progress bar during
the transfer? Does the connection time out? Is there any error?

I can try to help on direct email if you want.

--
Michael Guzzo
http://home.att.net/~michael.guzzo/newton/newton.html

-- original message -- Hello All,

I need to download several Word files for use on my eMate so that I might work on my Thesis while away from my WinTel desktop (such as my University library). I have tried to download segments of my Thesis as a word file, as a rich text document, and as a text file and every time my NCU program crashes. I have tried to use slowdown.exe to try and regulate the flow of data from my desktop to my eMate with no success. I have also tried to import the document from the desktop to the eMate both as a NewtonWorks import and as a just an Import. All with no success. I have also looked through the eMate manual and there is NO information on referring of information to and from a desktop machine.

Thus I desperately need some help from anyone.

Thanks,

Sam