Re: [NTLK] Ethernet on 130????

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 16:10:05 EDT

on 12-10-2001 5:43, Alexandre Enkerli at aenkerli_at_indiana.edu wrote:

> Wait! What? Ethernet on a 130? Is this possible?

Yes and no, AFAIR we did this test on the list a long time ago
(I think Frank Gruendel did the testing, but not 100 % sure anymore)
and AFAIR he got a connection over Ethernet going
(so the Ethernet portion of NIE 2.0 seemed to work though not the whole
package) but in the end I don't think it amounted to anything useful.

Sorry, nothing too definite in my memory, maybe I'm drinking too much
(or too little ;-) but worth starting again to see what works and what
doesn't, remember, you don't need NIE 2.0 for Ethernet,
only the Newton Devices.pkg and the NIE Ethernet Support.pkg

Robert Benschop