[NTLK] NiMH in Gameboy

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 17:55:35 EDT

> This email does not directly concern Newton, but I was wondering ...
Just
>got a Gameboy advance, the instruction manual says no rechargeable
>batteries,although it takes 2 AAs. (The 2 AAs that came with the unit are
>1.5v, I notice that my rechargeables are 1.2v.) Was wondering why this
>would be? If I used regular NiMH rechargeable AAs could it possibly do any
>damage to the hardware? Any thoughts much appreciated

It wouldn't do any damage, if it would, alcalines discharged to that voltage
would do the same damage. It might be, as Marco mentioned, that you wouldn't
get none or little usage out of the NiMH's because the Gameboy needs more
voltage than they can provide, in that case your best bet would be
rechargeable alkalines which have a voltage of 1.5 volts.

Frank