Re: [NTLK] NUGWash

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 23:54:37 EDT

on 13/10/01 03:08, Seth Vidal at skvidal_at_phy.duke.edu wrote:

> Hi folks,
> when is ths NUGwash meeting and where? I couldn't find the info on it and
> I might be in the area depending on when/where it is exactly.

Seth,

That was yesterday night, at GMU, courtesy of Sean Luke. We were glad to
receive Zachery Bir visiting us from Richmond, which is over 1:45 hour
drive! Glad to see you, Zac!

I also had the privilege to meet the unique Tech Ed, in person! A very nice
one, at that. I was able to see his brand new, returned 2100!

Finally, but not the least, was Sean Luke, Mr. Waba. He gave me a brief
introduction to the deep internal working of Waba, from a programming point
of view. Ed and Zac were talking together at that point ;-)

Finally, I'd like to say that Sean is a very nice person. He took us back to
the parking lots where we were parked, me and Ed. But after he last dropped
me, I realized I had lost my keys!!!! So, I started running after him and
yelling his name until he stopped and came back. He then spent over an hour
trying to help find those darn keys who, after I called my wife at 2:45 am
to bring me another set, did stay in the ignition switch!!! Probably the
excitement to meet other Newton users...

Anyway, a nice meeting. It's always good to meet people that share the same
interest, and that was the case yesterday!

-Laurent.