Re: [NTLK] E-mate problems and Non-Newt YetRelatedHandheldQuestion

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 00:45:27 EDT

Laurent,

  Yes I have tried the WordPad to eMate and, regrettably, had the same
results. I tried uninstalling and then replacing the NCU, even before it
was suggested to myself, with no luck.

  I agree that this should be easy. This is exactly why I lamented the fact
that others had not had this problem, yet I have apparently failed at it.
Furthermore this is why I also stated that I am spending way too much time
trying to get the technology to work and not on what needs to get done.

  I went through all the steps that I could think of before I wrote to the
newsgroup. I then tried all the kind suggestions that were offered by
everyone here. Nothing worked. I even tried to get the files to go to two
different eMates, with the same results. Perhaps, then, it is a problem
with my aging WinTel, yet that does me no good as the eMate will go before
my desktop (for obvious reasons).

  To be quite honest I am beating around the bush. Even if I could get the
file to transfer the eMate is a cumbersome system to use for detailed
modifications to a written document for, even after getting it uploaded
back onto my WinTel, I have found that I then need to spend an exuberant
amount of time reformatting the uploaded text. What is more, the ease of
use of the eMate, such as in regards to navigating the on-screen text as
well as viewable real estate, I feel leave much to be desired.

  I mentioned that I truly like the Newton line, and I adore my MP120. I
also mentioned that I asked a lot of questions regarding what I was trying
to do with the eMate before I bought one. Yet I cannot get around the fact
that the eMate, for myself, is just too cumbersome a system to use
efficiently for what I feel I need to get done. My mistake was that I went
with a discontinued platform that I could not try out before I bought, and
asking questions will only get you so far. I will not make that mistake
again.

  Nevertheless I still have nothing but kind thoughts to the many who I
corresponded with on the NUG both before and after my eMate was purchased.
They have, for the most part, been most kind and I am very grateful.

  Thanks all.

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110