Re: [NTLK] Handwriting and HWR

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 13:39:02 EDT

on 10/15/01 5:57 PM, Alexandre Enkerli at aenkerli_at_indiana.edu wrote:

> OTOH, because I write both in French and English and because I only have a
> slow 130, I end up printing most of the time and using, yes, Graph-pity. I
> know people despise it bc of its Palmness, but I find it's quite useful as
> a complement to the native HWR, especially for words with accented
> characters.

As for Grafitti on the Newton, it is a far cry from the same on a Palm.
First of all, it got its start on the Newton. Secondly, on the Newton, it is
a secondary input method, which means that you still have all the built-in
editing and writing tools at your disposal. On the Palm, on the other hand,
you are stuck with Grafitti as your only recourse, and are limited solely to
its input methods, which, for me, is very limited and limiting. Live it up!

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland