Re: [NTLK] Can a new phone connect with Newton 2k?

From: Jeroen Goulooze (jeroengoulooze_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 04:55:30 EDT

I heard the Ericson S35i can connect to an emate using the localtalk port.
It worked with one of the standard modem connect scrips AFAIK.

Could try and find the details.

Jeroen Goulooze

----Original Message Follows----

Hello,

   I am going to get a new phone and service within the next few days.
Nothing is really decided yet, I am still looking at Verizon, AT&T, and
Sprint. I am going to get a new phone also. I can see that many of the
phones have serial adapters so you can plug a computer into them to get a
wireless internet connection.

   Is there any specific phone or brand that I can use with my Newt 2k?

   And can I use a serial adapter or will I need to get a particular PCMCIA
modem?

Thank you,
David