Re: [NTLK] newts.com commentary

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 08:16:41 EDT

>Folks;
>
>I found myself at newts.com and am wondering if anyone has
>opinions/experience with their shareware. X-Port and Twerx look
>interesting, but I wonder if they are worth it.
>
>Can anyone speak from authority?

XPort is what NCU should have been. And there's a Win and Mac version.
You read the blurb? where? The link to Xport did point to Landware,
newts.com is selling it again now- but there's not much of a page for it
anymore. Anyway I can email the readme to you if you want the full blurb.
It's all true! It just plain works. I was lucky and just before I bought
it for myself I got my 2100 which came with both the Win and MAc version
from the previous owner.

Twerx sound neat but I've never tried it; it's only $10 now though per the
Kagi order form.