Re: [NTLK] Printing via Ethernet ?

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 22:00:45 EDT

Laurent Daudelin <nemesys_at_cox.rr.com> wrote:
> > Excellent! My brother is coming home this weekend and he might have
> > a machine to replace the bridge. If so, I will soon be surfing on my
> > Newt. Sweet!
>
>Sorry, I didn't say that the TCP/IP packets would be encapsulated, I
>mentioned "LocalTalk" packets. This is good for printing to an AppleTalk
>compatible printer or accessing file from an AppleTalk compatible server.
>Surfing the web implies a different protocol, and so a different kind of
>packets...
>
>Sorry about that...

I guess that was the hitch that I thought I remembered hearing about.
I used to always print to my LaserWriter 320 via AppleTalk (perhaps
you remember my problems trying the same to a LaserWriter Select
360). I guess that that is one more reason I need a 2100. Direct
ethernet would be sweet. Ah well. I may some day have the extra
cash to snag a 2100.

-James

The James Elliott Newton Site:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
Is that a Newton in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?