Re: [NTLK] Newton Wanted !

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 09:37:52 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 10/19/01 7:29 AM, the entity known as Jon Glass
at jonglass_at_usa.net conveyed the following:

> -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
> <mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
> If we can put aside these emotionally moving but strictly irrelevant aspects
> of the killing of a baby we can see that the grounds for not killing persons
> do not apply to newborn infants. . . . Killing them, therefore, cannot be
> equated with killing normal human beings, or any other self-conscious
> beings." --Dr. Peter Singer, professor of bio-ethics, Princeton and one of
> the founders of PETA (People for the ethical treatment of animals)

That has got to be one of the most astoundingly shocking quotes I've ever
read. Do you have a reference for this? I have to wonder just what sort of
twisted illogic this "person" uses to justify such a Hitler-esque statement.

- Eric.