Re: [NTLK] Canceling Ethernet Orders

From: Grant [Postage Paid] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 12:16:18 EDT

In a previous message, Roman Tarnovetsky typed vigorously:

>My question is, how do you get around the bandits at Canada Post?

I generally have whoever is sending the package to declare the goods at a
very low value. Of course, this will backfire if you need to claim
insurance for loss or damage, but I have never been unfortunate enough to
be in that situation. As long as the contents are declared with some sort
of value, you should only have to pay the GST on that declared value lus
a small handling fee. If Canada Post or Canada Customs sets a price on
the contents because the contents were not declared at some value by the
sender, that's when the cost goes through the roof.

Alternately, you can have the package shipped by FedEx. It costs a bit
more at the outset, but they pick up all of the customs and handling fees.

It's a supreme pain in the toches, no matter how you look at it.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/