Re: [NTLK] How "international" is Newton OS?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 10:11:56 EDT

> Subject: [NTLK] How "international" is Newton OS?
> Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:17:05 +0200
> From: Chris Searles <csearles_at_netcologne.de>

> Since I live in Gemany I sometimes see Newton devices on eBay/Germany
> with the German OS. Some of my writing is done in German, but the bulk is
> entered in English since I mainly use the Newton as an organizer for my
> work as a language teacher of English. I assume though that the German OS
> comes with a preinstalled German dictionary and thus doesn't easily
> recognize most English words. Can the ability to recognize words in
> another language be extended, i.e. are there any add-ons to the OS to
> expand its dictionary capabilities in another language?

I'm interested in this too, as I now study English, but most text is entered
in German. I keep adding some English words to the dict. the usual way, but
it's not really the same as a one-pack-database.
I'm especially interested in the size of such additional dictionaries.

Oliver :)

--
BTW - I have several bids on my bubble wrap - you snooze you lose!
Cardboard aint worth nuttin if it aint got bubble wrap.