Re: [NTLK] Message: replace battery on FM card

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 02:36:20 EDT

Check your card carefully. I don't have the 4mb Apple
Newton card, but I do have the 1mb Apple Newton card
and it is NOT a flash card, but an SRAM card instead.
Make sure that your card is NOT an SRAM card.
If it IS an SRAM card, then you need to replace the
battery ASAP! If your battery is dead, then do not
remove it from the Newt. The Newt will supply the
power to retain the memory. Open the battery
compartment while inside the Newt and replace the
battery this way.
If it's not an SRAM card, then you may be experiencing
an OS bug. Check to make sure that you have the latest
OS patch for your Newt.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Rodney Tamblyn <rodney_at_stonebow.otago.ac.nz>
wrote:

> Today I got a strange error message saying that the
> battery on my flash memory card (an Apple 4Mb Newton
> card) needed to be replaced otherwise data may be
> lost. I didn't know that flash memory cards have
> batteries in them! Anyone experienced this error
> before?
>
> Rodney
> --
> --
> Rodney Tamblyn
> Educational Media group
> Higher Education Development Centre, 75 Union Place
> University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
> ph +64 3 479 7580 Fax +64 3 479 8362
> http://hedc.otago.ac.nz ~ http://rodney.weblogs.com

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...