Re: [NTLK] Music and Digital Devices (OT)

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 10:25:54 EDT

> Perhaps the whole digital device concept has a lot to do with convenience
> and mobility. Now, if someone (Apple or not) could build an audio version
> of the Newt with sufficient storage/memory...
For simple mobile music storage and replay I would recommend the use of a
MP3 Player which can read CD-RW too, as e.g. the Pine D'music can. You
transform your music into MP3 with any computer and burn it onto a CD-RW and
have 150+ songs or about 12h on one CD. By using ISO9660 or Joliet format
you'll be shure that many other drives will be around which can read your
CDs or you might easily convert them to whatever medium is actual after the
CD. Sufficient storage space means GB's and as soon as you try lower
sampling rates you'll become disappointed by the bad quality and lost
effort.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing