Re: [NTLK] iWalk ?!

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 14:22:10 EDT

http://www.spymac.com/gfx/iwalk03.jpg

This image seems to show what looks like to be a PC
card slot on the right side. Unfortunatly, it looks to
be a single card slow, Level 2. No CF, to L3, just a
single card.
I don't mind the size, it's the reliance on other
Apple products (AirPort, iDisk-volumes, Mac that has
an AirPort-card and iTunes 2 installed) is what
bothers me.
Sure, it's nice that the iWalk has the Newton
handwriting recognition. But what makes the Newton so
wonderful is it's platform agnostic. I don't do Macs
anymore...But just because I'm Windows, doesn't mean I
can't use the Newton!
I hope that Apple doesn't pull a "goober" here (
http://www.mts.net/~grogerso/INDEX.HTM )
We'll see.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Apostolos Koutropoulos <admiralak_at_yahoo.com>
wrote:
<snip>

> Besiders that device sports no IrDA, No Bluetooth,
> has no
> PCMCIA,, no CF card, no nothing. How is one
> supposed to
> expand ?
>

> AK
>
> =====
> ----DJ AdmiralClub Admiralty
> 2001http://www.club-admiralty.com

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...