Re: [NTLK] AvantGo...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 00:50:22 EDT

Ther's no need for it. The prime purpose of the
Avant-Go system is to act as a translation device for
the Palm in order for the Palm to understand simple
HTML. The Newton already does that. You don't need any
simplification or reformatting, or any kind of webpage
fineageling in order to get it to show up on the Newt.
Just browse the page as you would any other normal
browser. It's that simple!
Now, that being said, that doesn't mean that there
arent' sites written specifically for the Newton in
order to minimize downloads and memory restrictions.
One popular place is PlinkIt! (don't have the
URL...it's in my Newt, but Net Hopper won't show me
the URL!)This little site acts as a jumping off point
for minimalized web sites. It's quite nice and is
usually my starting off point if I want to browse the
internet with my Newt.
I've also created a page for the Newt:
http://newton.tek-ed.com
This is a download and install page for packets I want
to put on my Newt. I don't "dock" my Newt at all, so I
needed a place to install all my software. I created a
webpage for that as after it got popular, I decided to
let others know about it. It's been quite helpful for
several people on this list.
It's a Newt...it doesn't need any stinking HTML
interpreter!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Jbjng_at_aol.com wrote:

> Was/is there an AvantGo for the Newton OS? I
> thought I heard about this at some point... Maybe
> not, but any information would be appreciated.

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...