Re: [NTLK] left-handers and HWR on newt

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 01:02:46 EDT

My mom told me a similar story in WWII Germany. The
Nuns thought it was "against god" to use the left hand
to write (yet they are taught to eat with it...doesn't
make sense) and she too is ambi...
The Nuns would sneak up behind the student and whip
the pencil out of the student's left hand and smack
them on the knuckels until they learned their lesson.
nuns are cruel.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Paul G. Grothaus" <pgrothaus_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 10/13/01 11:49 PM, good-dog_at_northshore.net
> wrote:
<big snip>

> As to how I learned to write both ways, I am a
> natural lefty and owe this
> ability to Sister Alice, my kindergarten through
> second grade teacher. She
> made all of us "sinister" children sit on our left
> hands during penmanship
> classes, forcing us to learn to use our right hands.
> She actually extended
> this restriction to the playground and would
> reprimand us for throwing a
> ball with our left hand! Now, I can do almost
> anything as well with my right
> hand as with my left. Unfortunately for me, when it
> comes to athletic
> pursuits, that means equally bad!
>
> Aloha,
> Paul Grothaus
> Mililani, Hawaii
>

> --

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...