Re: [NTLK] New iPod...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 14:40:31 EDT

on 10/23/01 2:44 PM, Tim at speeddemon_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Well now, am I glad I slept late today. After all Steve Job's banter
> about the saturated PDA market, and other excuses, it's nice to see he's
> directing Apple's resources to an area we can all benefit from. Hmm,
> must use iTunes2 to load up your new Apple MP3 player. iTunes2 is only
> for Macs? Is Steve trying to prove he's a bigger control freak than Bill
> Gates? Wouldn't this thing sell more if the whole mess were platform
> agnostic? I guess that's too much like a Newton to be allowed. I haven't
> even seen the asking price for this iPod thing,

$399 from the Apple store, plus $49 for the power adapter.

-Laurent.

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System
V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1)
choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally,
to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular
definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."