Re: [NTLK] New iPod...

From: Jamie Pruden (jpruden_at_adobe.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 19:17:44 EDT

Hi Chet,

Minidisc is not a floppy... they're optical.

For me, I'm staying with minidisc. The iPod is very nice, but I cannot
stand the artifacts in MP3, nor can I plop down $400 for ANOTHER
non-expandable music player. Besides that, MD gives me the ability to
play my tunes in the office, the car and at home without accessing
different sources for each. I just carry my little pack with my MD
portable and a few discs.

For $400, one could purchase a killer portable MD player recorder and
enough media for *4000* songs.

Or you could buy a cheapie portable MD player recorder, a car deck and
about 700 songs worth of media.

Sorry you didn't have good luck with MD...

smiles,
Jamie

On 10/23/01 3:34 PM, Chet Johns <tcjohns_at_home.com> typed: