Re: [NTLK] Misc. ramblings...

From: Michael Drabicki (drabicki_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 02:29:15 EDT

>No it doesn't:
>"Best of all, FireWire charges your iPod battery
>whenever itís connected to your Mac so iPod
>automatically charges while youíre transferring your
>music."
>
>This means that it will only charge by either being
>plugged into a firewire equipped macintosh (all you
>older powerbook users, now need to buy firewire PC
>cards...only now, you need to carry the firewire power
>adapter for your PC card in order to power the iPod.
>sheesh! imagine that spagetti mess! (hey, there's
>another
>$140...http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0MCW/2_17/61241507/p1/article.jhtml)
>or you can purchase the $50 (the power adapter is
>listed in "other options" the key word here is
>options, as in; not included.
>Ed
>web/gadget guru
>
>--- Michael Drabicki <drabicki_at_mac.com> wrote:
>>

> > iPod comes with an adapter.
> > http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

Copied from the page I referenced above:

Included accessories
iPod earbud-style headphones
Apple FireWire Cable (2 m)
Apple iPod Power Adapter
iPod also includes a CD-ROM with iTunes 2 software and electronic
documentation, a getting started guide, and a 90-day limited warranty.

The third item is the Apple iPod Power Adapter. This is right aabove
the other optional Power Adapter, i.e. extra one for work, etc.

--
Mike Drabicki
WhizBang! Visuals

Yell. Jump. Play. Out-run those sons-of-bitches. They'll never live the way you live. Go do it. --Ray Bradbury, Zen in the Art of Writing -- This is the Newtontalk mailinglist - http://www.newtontalk.net To unsubscribe or manage: visit the above link or mailto:newtontalk-request_at_newtontalk.net?Subject=unsubscribe