Re: [NTLK] Replying

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 09:47:17 EDT

On 10/24/01 2:36 AM, "SlashDevNull" <SlashDevNull_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I thought since everyone was getting all worked up about the iPod, I would
> start another flame war.

I always think..

> Let's get the people who reply at the top of the message arguing with the
> people who reply at the bottom of the message. And get them both fighting
> with the freaks who reply at multiple places within a message.

That it's best....

> So which way is the right way to reply?

To reply in the middle. :-)

Seriously, I prefer to either break up a message and reply to different
sections at a time, which I do after that section, or to reply to the whole
message at once, in which case I usually put my comments on the top and the
reply at the bottom, because people shouldn't have to scroll through a
message they have seen earlier, before getting to the body of the new
message.

Loren